WE ARE FULLY BOOKED!
Please read thoroughly. If you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before booking.
Join our founder and chief textile artist, Autumn Brown, as she brings her natural dye studio to
Sukasantai Farmstay, a family farm-resort located in West Java, Indonesia.
During this wholesome retreat, Autumn will teach you the principle and chemistry behind the mysterious blue dye, set up several organic indigo vats, achieve shades of blue and deep dive into stitched resist techniques. We have also lined up several farm activities including harvesting organic vegetables, fishing, bamboo forest trekking and bonfire night, paired with thoughtfully planned delicious farm-to-belly meals for you.
[BONUS MODULE] Autumn will also be sharing how to dye with food waste, tea and iron during this trip!
5D4N Indigo & Stitched Shibori Masterclass Retreat
Date: 28 June – 2 July 2023
After clearing customs at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK), we will gather and head to Sukasantai Farm in our arranged transportation. A bento lunch will be served whilst we travel to the farm. After settling in to your respective rooms, we will commence the farm tour which will help familiarise yourself with the area. A comforting dinner will be served and first start our masterclass by catching a documentary about natural dyes.
We start each day early as breakfast will be served between 6.30-8am, lunch around 12pm, snack time 4-4.30pm and dinner around 6.30pm. Evenings are usually filled with light crafting or simply winding down after a day of activities. The indigo & stitched shibori masterclass will take place for 3 whole days between lunch and dinner, and some days after dinner.
Each participant will learn how to prepare yarn and fabric for dyeing, set up an indigo vat, dye different shades of solid blue, learn stitched shibori techniques, and complete a stitched sampler scarf as final project. [BONUS] Dye yellows, browns and greys using food waste, tea and iron.
Participants are also encouraged to bring up to 200g of yarn or fabric to dye during the trip as we have set aside time for your personal projects. Do weigh your fibre when they are dry and note that natural dyes will only dye natural fibre. We also have a selection of ready-to-dye blanks and yarn if you wish to purchase them during the retreat.
Sukasantai Farm is situated 1000m above sea level and has a cool and comfortable temperature all year round, which means there is no need to use air-conditioning or heater. It is the dry season from April to September, temperature in the day ranges from 23-28ºC and drops to 15-20ºC at night, you'll get to enjoy clear starry skies during this time too.
5D4N Full Board Accommodation At Sukasantai Farm:
• Two-way airport transfer
• 4 nights farmstay
• 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
• 1-2 snacks per day
• Freeflow of tea and coffee
• Farm activities
• Farm-made goodies pack
Indigo & Stitched Shibori Masterclass With Autumn:
• Craft tote bag
• Personal apron & gloves
• Notebook & pen
• Indigofera seeds
• Stitching kit (ruler, pencil, templates, needles, thread, mini scissors, yarn)
• 6 cotton tenugui
• 1 cotton scarf (final project)
• 4 x 50g cotton yarn
• Printed recipes and guide
For participants arriving in Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK):
• Full Package $1699/person – Masterclass + Full Board Accommodation
• Guest Package $699/person – Full Board Accommodation Only
For participants residing in Jakarta:
• Full Package $1599/person – Masterclass + Full Board Accommodation (excl. airport transfer)
• Guest Package $599/person – Full Board Accommodation Only (excl. airport transfer)
1) Prices are in Singapore Dollars. Flights are not included, you will need to purchase your own flight to Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK).
2) Participants will be sharing rooms during the retreat (rooms are either 2 or 3 pax). If you are joining with friends or family, please leave a note during check out as well, this will help us allocate rooms.
3) If you wish to have a room to yourself, you will need to purchase both Full Package and Guest Package ($1699 + $699 for SG guests / $1599 + $599 for Indonesian guests).
4) Each masterclass participant is welcome to bring a maximum of two guests who are non-participants, to come along for a relaxed nature retreat! Guests not participating in the masterclass will enjoy a free & easy stay with the same full board accommodation benefits.
HOW TO BOOK
1) Book your flight tickets (see below for time).
!!! IMPORTANT !!! Read before booking your flight.
We have arranged return airport transfers, please take note of the time recommended below when booking your flights.
• SIN>CGK – Book flight arriving in Jakarta CGK airport on 28 June 2023, no later than 11.30AM.
• CGK>SIN – Book flight departing Jakarta CGK airport on 2 July 2023, no earlier than 6.00PM.
We do not recommend you to book flights outside of the recommended time as you will have to arrange your own transportation.
2) Book your preferred package.
3) Email us at email@example.com with the (1) order number, (2) full name of each participant, (3) flight details, (4) any dietary restrictions.