In our tapestry weaving for beginners workshop, you will learn the basics of weaving with a curated range of beautiful natural yarn and fibres, how to plan a tapestry design, warp your weaving loom, weave shapes and textures, simple variations to create different results and finally how to finish the tapestry for hanging on a dowel.
By the end of the class, you will be a confident weaver who dares to experiment and gradually develop your own unique style. Equipped with the basic weaving knowledge, it will also be much easier for you to pick up new techniques from books, videos and tutorials too!
Of course tips, tricks and cheats will be shared over tea and light snacks during the workshop.
• a weaving loom (S size) by Funem Studio*
• a heddle stick*
• a pair of weaving shuttles*
• red oak wood weaving comb and needle*
• 50g cotton warp thread*
• yarn and fibres to complete your first project
• wooden dowel
• warp thread
* Weaving loom, shuttles, heddle, weaving comb and needle, warp thread will be provided for use in class if you select "use studio loom" option. We understand some of you are not sure if you’ll need a weaving loom so if you’d like to purchase the weaving loom set after the class, you can simply purchase on our website and get a new set on the spot. Each individual learn and weave at different speed, you will remove the tapestry you wove by the end of the class and transfer to a wooden dowel. Only two sets of studio loom available for workshop use.
If you selected the "take home loom" option, you'll be working on a new set of weaving loom which you will then bring home for more weaving fun. Here's the weaving loom you'll get.
Join us and unwind for a few hours immersed in craft therapy. This class is ideal for total beginners with no experience, children above 6 years old are welcomed to join the class with a participating adult.
If you don't see dates that suit your schedule, do drop us a message and we'll be happy to organise a special slot for a minimum of 2 person (weekday slots) / 4 person (weekend slots)!